Fleming Controls and Power Specialties Technician
- Repair, Install, and Test Variable Speed Drives for both Industrial and HVAC applications, Testing and Programming of automated industrial machines: PLCs, Field devices both analog and digital, HMIs and other ancillary equipment.
- Maintain current Arkansas electrician’s license; Master, Journeyman, Industrial, or apprentice identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, control panels, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as: power construction equipment, infrared cameras, power quality analyzers, and measuring devices.
- Perform electrical and electronic controls installation and maintenance required for the manufacturing processes.
- Some moving and lifting heavy objects will be needed as required.
- Generate and read electrical schematic diagrams, sketches or follow blueprints to troubleshoot electrical and automation equipment.
- Will be required to be ‘on-call’ one week out of the month on a scheduled rotation with other team members. Commercial and Industrial electricians should be able to see and discern color, since electrical wiring is often color-coded.
- Should be able to stand, climb ladders and potentially remain in uncomfortable positions for long periods. Must also be able to regularly lift up to fifty pounds to eye level.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience working with industrial maintenance personnel, electrical contractors. Computer experience (Microsoft and Excel programs preferred.)
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills required.
- Self-Motivated, Ability to work through challenges with minimal tech support.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to pass a background check, MVR check and drug screening.
Education/Experience: *Journeyman License, *Industrial Electrical License *Apprentice Card & Enrolled In School.
Hourly Rates: Based On Experience & Knowledge of the Electrical & Controls Industry
Fleming Controls and Power Specialties, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.